These macarons are crispy, chewy, smooth, and light as air. Creative flavors and colors make the them perfect blank canvas and macarons are easy to make.
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- Yields: 40
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 3/4 cup (226 g.) powdered sugar
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup (98 g.) super-fine almond flour
- 8 drops pink food coloring
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup (40 g.) superfine sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 300 degrees. Slightly curvy two baking sheets with spray and parchment line.
- Make macarons: Set a fine-measured sieve over a bowl and sift with almond flour 1 3⁄4 cup of powdered sugar. Use a spatula of rubber to assist push through bigger parts and press until there are less than 2 tablespoons of solids left. The solids are discarded.
- Beat egg whites, tartar cream, and a pinch of salt in a mixer and add superfine sugar to medium – high velocity and slowly but Continue beating on medium-high until rigid so that the glossy egg whites are about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Beat by combined in food coloring, about 30 more seconds and then fold dry ingredients with a spatula into beaten egg whites until it flows about 2 minutes like dense lava.
- Fit a 1/4-inch round tip pastry bag and transfer the batter to the bag. Dab on the edges of two baking sheets and line sheets with parchment some remaining batter in the bowl. Pipe batter into circles of 1 inch, spacing each circle approximately 1 inch apart.Tap the counter sheet to release any air bubbles a few times. Let the piped batter sit down and bake for 45 minutes.
- Bake one sheet at a moment, rotating halfway through, up, and just set, 13-14.
- Let cool 10 to 15 minutes before softly peeling off the parchment to cool entirely to transfer to a rack.
- Using a mixer, beat butter until fluffy and soft with the remaining 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar and vanilla. Piping or spreading half of cookies on flat sides ; top with the remaining half.
- Wrap the macarons in plastic and cool until ready to serve.
Read Also: Butter Shrimps Recipe – Quick made