Meatloaf is easy to make and meatloaf is a ground meat dish because it is mix with other ingredients and shaped as a loaf, then baked or smoked.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hour
- Total Time 1 Hour 45 Minutes
- Yields: 6 servings
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly chopped parsley, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° and grease with a cooking spray a 9″-x-5 “loaf pan. Melt butter in a medium heat big skillet and add carrots, onions, and celery after this add salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After this part add thyme and garlic and cook until it fragrant for 1 minute. Turn off heat and stir the sauce and tomato paste in Worcestershire. Let it cool down a little bit.
- Combine vegetable combination, ground beef, crumbs of bread and eggs in a bowl. Add into prepared pan of the loaf.
- Whisk ketchup and brown sugar together in a bowl.
- Put half of the ketchup on the meatloaf and bake for 45 minutes after this brush the mixture with the rest of the ketchup mixture and than again bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until the middle of the loaf reaches 155 °. Let it cool down for 15 minutes.
- Garnish for serving with parsley.
Allow it to rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing your meatloaf so that it will be easy in slicing. But If not, it will be more difficult to get clean slices.
How to make: Chocolate Chip Cookies